Sunday, December 9, 2007

Jumping Spider and Mosquito Photo Essay

I was concentrating on taking a good macro photo of this colorful mosquito in a garden. I did not realise that there were 8 eyes watching every movement of the mosquito (or is it me?) (Photo of Mosquito Below)




The jumping spider strikes without warning....from no where. And caught the mosquito. (Photo below)



The jumping spider hopped away trying to get away from my curious observation. (Photo Below)

The jumping spider turned and had a good look at me. I gave him a bright surprise. He held tight to the prey. (Photo Below)

The jumping spider slipped into a dark corner behind the dead tree branch. I could hardly focus on the spider with such a tight corner and difficult working angle. (Photo Below)

Venue : Kota Baru, Kelantan, Malaysia
Date : 30 Nov 2007





No comments: