Sunday, December 9, 2007

Jumping Spider and Grasshopper Photo Essay

I saw this little jumping spider jumping from from one tree root to another. Dark in color. When taken with macro lens, I can see some colors. Size about 5mm. (Photo Below)


I didn't notice this dark grasshopper just a few inches away. (Photo Below)

Until when the jumping spider was an inch away. The grasshopper was at least 2.5 times the length of the spider. The spider was getting ready for the jump....but unfortunately, my enthusiasm could have warned the grasshopper about the impending danger. The grasshopper escaped. (Photo Below)

The spider immediately jumped to the north. The spider knew the direction of the grasshopper escaped route. I told you, they are intelligence! I didn't continue the observation as it was dizzling then.
Venue : Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Date : 9 Dec 2007


No comments: